Friday, June 10, 2011

Free Flash Game of the Day: JunkYard



Junkyard by Raketspel

Gameplay: 5/5
When you remove the junk everything seems to fall into place the way it should. There doesn’t appear to be any hang-ups or issues with the physics that hurt the gameplay. Input is fine (it’s hard to mess up pointing and clicking although some games do). It’s original and fun and I can’t think of a single thing to lower the score over.

Graphics: 4/5
Not much to say here; very clean, very smooth, not at all distracting. Nothing exceptional to bring it up to a 5 but nothing to hurt the score either.

Sound: 4.5/5
The music is energetic and lively. I like the tool sound theme used here. It really fits with the game. The sounds of the junk falling fits and isn’t distracting. Not much else to say. It all works very well.

Polish: 4/5
It’s quite polished. The buttons light up when you hover over them. The text is implemented into the game and not just “there”. The junk expands and fades away instead of just vanishing. The score counts up at the end instead of increasing in one chunk. These little things add up to a smooth playing experience.

Replayability: 3/5
It’s just hard enough to keep me wanting to play and try to get better but not so hard that I get frustrated. That and the fact that it’s a fresh and fun game means I played it for quite a while, and next time I have some time to waste I’m sure I’ll pick it up again. It doesn’t have anything as far as achievements or anything else to keep you coming back. Just a fun game.

Multiplayer: N/A

Overall (not an average):4/5
I almost want to give this game a perfect score. There is a lot about it that I love and I’m sure I’ll find my self coming back to it for quite a while; however there is just not much there to keep you playing for extended periods. Over all great game.

No comments:

Post a Comment